[user]

I use and stay with Gentoo because it is the distro that I started with.  I was used to windows before I used Gentoo, let alone linux.  Once I got out of the windows way of thinking, then Gentoo and linux just kind of feel a bit natural.  I've stayed with Gentoo because I haven't seen a good reason to switch to another one.  I like the fact that it doesn't try to appeal to the masses, like Ubuntu, because the way things are done in those distros makes customization more difficult for advanced users.  Also they are not as easy to tinker with.  Gentoo worked for me when I was new, which was 6 years ago, and it works great for me now that I'm quite familiar with it inside and out.