Stephen Liu wrote:
> Hi folks,
>

>> I can't find an xorg.conf.example file
>>

> I just finished installing X window server.
>
> # X -config /root/xorg.conf.new
> created a working xorg.conf for me.  I don't need xorg.conf.example.
>
> Then;
>
> # cp /root/xorg.conf.new /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>
> That is all.  Some minor adjustment has to be made, in particular, the
> mouse, "InputDevice" section.
>
> I followed the document;
> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xorg-config.xml
>
> of course, not 100% copying its content.  I have to make some minor
> change for my case.
>

> B.R.
> SL

I recall having to work a bit to get it to see my mouse too.  X will not
start without the little rat being found.

Mine is:

>     Option        "Device" "/dev/input/mouse0"

If that helps any.  It usually will try /dev/mouse.  If you use udev and
have it set to not tarball /dev, then adding a link will not work either.

Hope that helps and/or makes sense.

Dale

:-)  :-)