On Saturday 9 September 2006 15:14, Colleen Beamer wrote:

> I've tried following the X Server Configuration HOW-TO, but no where
> in that is there something that corresponds to this:
>
> SubSection "Display"
>
>       Viewport   0 0
>       Depth     24
> EndSubSection
>
> I understand what the 24 means, but what is Viewport?  I tried setting
> this to 1280 1024, which is my max monitor resolution, but it doesn't
> have any affect.

>From man xorg.conf:

ViewPort  x0 y0
       This optional entry sets the upper left corner of the initial
       display.  This is only relevant when  the  virtual screen
       resolution is different from the resolution of the initial video
       mode.  If this entry is not given, then the initial display will
       be centered in the virtual display area.