On Wednesday 13 September 2006 17:59, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I need some help getting printing to work from my gentoo machine to an
> HP 7410xi (one of those multi-function jobs).
>
> No one is responding to a similar query on the cups list.  So bringing
> it here although it may be a little off topic.

I'm afraid I can't answer your question directly because I do not use Samba,
but if you search this list you'll find an answer as to how to set your WinXP
box as a server for *nix machines and share the printer that way.  The Samba
interface adds one more layer of complexity and probability for error.

Make sure you only allow the specific Linux box IP address to connect to your
WinXP box (set it up in the WinXP firewall).

If you get no Samba specific replies and you can't find the previous post then
ask again and I will spend sometime searching for it.
--
Regards,
Mick