ยท Thomas T. Veldhouse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> How is it that the baselayout has changed and now the domainname script
> is missing from /etc/init.d and all sorts of other ramifications because
> of this?

"this" == you, not configuring the system?

> It makes very little sense to ditch the unix norm of setting a
> systemwide domain name in favor of doing it per interface!

True. And that's probably why you don't *have* to set it per interface.

But I agree, it makes no sense to even be able to set this per interface.
At least I don't see how or when this could be useful and how this should
work.

> Now I see
> that I have to set domainname in /etc/conf.d/net and that the domainname
> program returns "(none)".  A lot of software is affected by this

By "what"? By a misconfigured system?

Alexander Skwar, who also was quite surprised when the domainname
configuration moved to /etc/conf.d/net.
--
The eternal feminine draws us upward.
                -- Goethe