On 9/30/06, Duane Griffin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 29/09/06, Ryan Sims <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm looking at upgrading to a Core 2 Duo system, and looking at the
> Asus P5B series of motherboards.  I've found a couple forum posts
> (http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-494387-highlight-p965.html and
> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-498160-highlight-p965.html) that
> seem to indicate troubles with JMicron support in kernels.  Is this
> something I should be concerned about?  The forum discussions seem to
> indicate that the problem is unresolved, indicating to me that I
> should look elsewhere for motherboards.

I'm running gentoo on exactly this setup. There was some trouble with
support for the controller prior to 2.6.18, however it all works just
fine if you use the "all-generic-ide irqpoll" boot parameters.

Did you pass those parameters to the amd64 installcd?  Or did you use
kernelOfTruth's livecd?

--
Ryan W Sims

()  ascii ribbon