On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, maxim wexler wrote:

> I ran the above command then did #emerge -C dir2ogg
> then #emerge -pv dir2ogg:

> Calculating dependencies... done!
> [ebuild  N    ] media-sound/dir2ogg-0.8  0 kB

If you try "emerge -pv '>dir2ogg-0.8'", it will tell you why it isn't
going to install each of the later versions.

> From man make.conf there is this, the only mention of
> /etc/portage:

You want the portage man page; make.conf only documents those things
actually in make.conf, not the various other config files. Also, the emrge
man page will tell you relevant things.

        -Daniel
*This .sig left intentionally blank*