On 10/29/06, Tomáš Bartoň <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sunday 29 October 2006 13:36, Marco Calviani wrote:
> Hi list,
>   the slowness of AIGLX was due to the fact that i was running
> xorg-server without enabling the aiglx flag. After having enabled it
> xorg started running with AIGLX (using compiz or beryl).
> Although the system is quite usable there is still an issue: i thought
> the system would have relied completely on video card acceleration.
> However whenever i run an AIGLX effect such as the cube or just window
> moving the CPU goes up to 80-90% during all the time the effect is
> running. This behaviour makes the system A LOT less responsive than it
> is without AIGLX.
> Is this a known issue?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> MC

I tkink its normal. I run beryl with NVidia driver and when I move a window or
something the CPU goes up to 100% ...

Hmm, I also have an nvidia GPU, and my system doesn't exhibit this
behavior.  Of course, I get the black-windows bug due to a memory leak
in the drivers, but certainly no excessive CPU usage for any of the
beryl effects.

-Richard