Hi,

this is a general question about GNU/Linux.

I have some doubts about the way hotplug / coldplug / udev work.

I mean, some distros do not use hotplug (I'm not sure if it's basic
in gentoo) and are able to plug a (i.e) pendrive and kernel detects it,
udev creates its device, someone mounts it, etc...

An my question is that. What really happen when you plug a (again,
i.e.) pendrive in your computer? Which programs take care in that
process? What about kernel?

Sorry if you fell spammed, but I do not find a good guide for
dummies :-)

Cheers!
--
Arnau Bria