ยท jakommo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi Listmembers,
>
> I have a problem the / Partition on my system is to smal, is there a save
> way to resize it?
> I know mounting other partitions to e.g. /usr will help but the / is only
> 4,6G so it will help only temporarily.

4.6G for /? That's ridiculous. It doesn't need to be larger than
512M, and even that's way too large.

Well, it doesn't need to be larger than this, if /usr, /var, /opt
and /home are on seperate partitions, just like they should be. With
EVMS or LVM, that's not at all a problem. I'd like to suggest, that
you checkout LVM or EVMS and use that, when you re-setup a system.

Anyway. With EVMS you can resize even /.

Alexander Skwar
--
To get something done, a committee should consist of no more than three
persons, two of them absent.