Richard Fish wrote:
> On 11/22/06, Steve Brenneis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Apparently KDE 3.5.5 and the openGL portion of the nvidia-drivers
>> package don't get along too well.
>
> I'm using KDE 3.5.5 and nvidia drivers with openGL support just fine,
> without any crashing etc, on both my laptop and desktop.
>
> You might have to switch to xorg-x11 when building some things
> (although most of that should happen automatically now), but you
> should definitely be able to switch back to nvidia after the build
> completes.
>
> Can you tell us more about your systems?  emerge --info would be a
> good start, but also what version of nvidia-drivers and xorg-x11 are
> you using?  Does revdep-rebuild -p report anything needing to be
> rebuilt?
>
> -Richard

I had trouble with this when I upgraded too.  The trouble I had was
getting it to switch opengl to nvidia and staying switched.  I think I
had to re-emerge all the KDE packages to get it to work right.
Actually, I did a emerge -ev world to do this.  It was during all the
KDE compile that it started working right.

Maybe that will narrow it down a bit if you can just recompile KDE,
maybe even the xorg stuff.

Dale