On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Daniel Iliev wrote:

You could also try Seamonkey [1] which is closer replacement of Mozilla
than Firefox. It is an "all-in-one" solution just like Mozilla (web
browser, e-mail client, HTML composer, IRC client). It can be found in
portage.

I'll take a look at it. I really just need the browser part (maybe the
composer too).
[1] http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

P.S.
Have you set Firefox to clean your private information (and especially
cookies) at exit? If so, the behavior you describe is normal, because
your preferences for google are stored by cookies.

No, and I checked that there are cookies after exiting FF.
The file cookies.txt shows google.com but not google.pt.

Thanks,

Jorge Almeida