On Wednesday 29 November 2006 15:00, Jorge Almeida
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote about '[gentoo-user] browser advice':
> I'm about to dump Firefox, because I can't google in English.
> I don't know, nor care, whose fault
> it is (Google's, firefox's or mine, for not having telepathic gifts), I
> just won't let anyone choose for me.

Well, if it's not firefox's fault, switching to a new browser may not help.

> So, the point is: what browser now?

I use Konqueror near exclusively; Bon Echo (non-Mozilla-branded Firefox
2.x) is reserved for site whose javascript is not supported in Konqueror.
It (Konqueror) even has the ability to use 32-bit plugins in a 64-bit
browser.  If you use other kde application you'll enjoy the
loosely-coupled but tight integration, like adding RSS feeds to aKregator
from Konqueror.

I was an avid Opera user before I switched to Linux.  It's an integrated
browser along the lines of Mozilla or Seamonkey, containing (at least) a
mail and new client in addition to the browser.  IME, it was able to
handle anything sort of ActiveX (that is, everything Firefox can), but
occasionally you'd have to change your browser identification string to
something more IE-like or FF-like to convince the webserver to give you
the correct page.  (Google for: opera oprah microsoft)  I was a fan of
their support newsgroup, it taught me a lot of little tips and tricks (ala
Firefox's about:config stuff) that ended up making my browser experience
uniquely mine.

--
"If there's one thing we've established over the years,
it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest