On 12/8/06, Michael Sullivan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 22:44 +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 16:18:24 -0600, Michael Sullivan wrote:
>
> > but it keeps griping because I
> > don't have the snd-intel8x0m module...
>
> I guess the next step is to rebuild your kernel with this module.

You don't understand; I don't have the module because I don't have any
hardware in the system that uses snd-intel8x0m - I have snd-hda-intel.

The "m" on the snd-intel8x0m means that it's actually a modem. ALSA
does modems, too. :) However, I don't *believe* that this driver will
work with your modem - I don't have a lot of experience with soft
modems on Linux, but my knee-jerk reaction is that the USR modem that
you have does *not* use the intel 8x0 soft modem chipset, which would
mean that the intel-8x0m driver would not do a whole lot for you. I
could certainly be wrong, but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were
you. ;)

-James