2006/12/17, Michael Sullivan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Can anyone suggest a simple, easy-to-use software package for light
editing of video files (cutting commercials out of MythTV recordings).
I tried to use avidemux, but it went into an infinite loop when I tried
to save the file after editing.  bugs.gentoo.org suggests to me that a
fix isn't coming.  I need an alternative...

try ttcut, it is a tool just for removing commercials, i use it in
combination with projectx for demuxing and mplex for muxing again,
because ttcut needs audio and video separate.

unfortunately ttcut is not in portage, but i have written an ebuild
and now ttcut is availabe with the sunrise overlay. [1]

[1] http://www.gentoo-sunrise.org/sunrise