On 12/19/06, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tuesday 19 December 2006 14:46, Andrew Gaydenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
about 'Re: [gentoo-user] CFLAGS Core2Duo':
> What is your "strategical vision" to this (use C2D as 32-bit or
> 64-bit) alternatives?

All (well, very nearly all) the software I need is available in 64-bit
versions, partially because I disdain proprietary software, so running
64-bit gives better performance with little cost.

> Is it smart to hope "Gentoo AMD64 FAQ" will
> be thiner and thiner during upcoming months? :-)

Yes, it will.  There will be fewer and fewer issues as 64-bit operation
becomes the norm.

My current advice is to read the FAQ and if anything mentioned is an issue
for you, go with 32-bit.  You lose some, but also gain some ease of use.

--
"If there's one thing we've established over the years,
it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest

Thanks for your help, I´ll change it tomorrow when I´m back home.

Jakob