On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 22:06:03 +0200
Uwe Thiem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 26 December 2006 18:03, Alessandro Cipriani wrote:
> > HI, i'm alessandro. I'm a newbie of gentoo. I've installed the system from
> > stage 1 on a Asus Laptop. I've a problem: i don't know how i can play wma
> > songs with kaffeine. The output error is:
> >
> > "xine: found input plugin  : file input plugin
> > xine: couldn't find demux for >/home/alex/audio/songs.wma<
> > xine: found input plugin  : file input plugin"
>
> Emerge the win32codecs and make "win32codecs" part of your USE flags.
> See /etc/make.conf and /etc/make.conf.example.
>
> Uwe
>
> --
> A fast and easy generator of fractals for KDE:
> http://www.SysEx.com.na/iwy-1.0.tar.bz2
> --

This is my make.conf:

CFLAGS="-march=pentium-m -mfpmath=sse,387 -Os -pipe"
#CFLAGS="-mtune=pentium-m -mfpmath=sse -0s -pipe"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"
USE="arj lha 7zip rpm freetype X ada acpi alsa -arts avi -berkdb bitmap-fonts bl
uetooth cairo cdr -cli crypt cups -dbus -dlloader cvs dri dvd dvdr doc -eds elib
c_glibc -emboss -encode -esd -fam -firefox fortran -gdbm gif -gnome gpm gstreame
r gtk gtk2 -hal ieee1394 input_devices_evdev input_devices_keyboard input_device
s_mouse -ipv6 -isdnlog java jpeg kde kernel_linux -ldap -libg++ -mad -mikmod mp3
 mp4 -mp4live mpeg nsplugin ncurses -nls -nptl -nptlonly objc objc++ obj-gc ogg
opengl -oss -pam -pcre pdflib perl png -ppds -pppd python qt3 qt4 quicktime -rea
dline -reflection -sdl -session spell -spl sql sse sse2 ssl tcpd truetype truety
pe-fonts type1 type1-fonts udev unicode usb userland_GNU vorbis wmf wifi win32co
decs wma x86 xml xorg xv -zlib wma wmp realmedia rar zip ace divx gmedia octave"
FEATURES=""
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=""
AUTOCLEAN="yes"
LINGUAS="it"
VIDEO_CARDS="fglrx"
PORTAGE_TMPFS=/dev/shm

I do:
 emerge -ev world (after updating USE)

After one day compiling :-(

however i don't play wma file the error is:
xine: couldn't find demux for
>http://www.lattemiele.com/upload/oroscopo/20061229/acquario.wma<
input_http: content length = 102673 bytes
xine: found input plugin : http input plugin

Thx

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all

Bye