I tend to set the eth0 dhcpcd timeout at ~5 seconds. The DHCP server I
usually use (the gentoo based server under my desk!) always responds
within 5 seconds. When I'm out and about and using/"borrowing" a
wireless connection it means that it only slows the boot process by 5
seconds and doesnt require me to manually enable or disable eth0.

David

Note: These views are my own, advice is provided with no guarantee of
success. I do not represent anyone else in any emails I send to this
list.