Iain Buchanan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was just trying to compile one of my programs that includes
> linux/threads.h for the #define PID_MAX_DEFAULT, however, threads.h
> isn't there anymore!
>
> I've just upgraded linux-headers to 2.6.19 - is this the problem?  I
> can't find a replacement for PID_MAX_DEFAULT anywhere in the header
> files - has the name changed?
>
> google was also unhelpful AFAICT.  I'd appreciate help!
>
> thanks,

grep -n PID_MAX_DEFAULT /usr/include/linux/threads.h
28:#define PID_MAX_DEFAULT 0x8000
33:#define PID_MAX_LIMIT (sizeof(long) > 4 ? 4*1024*1024 : PID_MAX_DEFAULT)

It comes with "sys-kernel/linux-headers". Since it s a system package
you should already have it. There is also another version of "threads.h"
which comes with the kernel source:
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/threads.h, but AFAIK it is recommended to
use the first one.

--
Best regards,
Daniel