Hi,everybody!
When i used livecd to install gentoo in my HP machine,the error
occured when installing grub:

_map_device_to_grub_device:
Error:could not map /dev/cciss

Use #fdisk -l to get the information of my scsi disk :

Disk /dev/cciss/c0d0

/dev/cciss/c0d0p1        NTFS
/dev/cciss/c0d0p2        Linux
/dev/cciss/c0d0p3        extended

Then I try to setup grub by myself.First of all,I copy the grub
directory from my another machine to /boot/,then trid to config
grub.But I found that grub can only detect my first
partition(/dev/cciss/c0d0p1).For example,I can only root (hd0,0),which
is my Windows partition ,but not root (hd0,1) which I want to appoint
as my partition of /boot.

And just now(just several minites before I write this email),I
re-enter grub and now grub can not detect any disk! When I type "root
("+ tab,nothing output.
And when I typed:

grub > root (hd0,1) or  grub> root (hd0,0)

the error is :
Error 21:selected disk does not exitst

When I use livecd to boot up,I use the parameter:gentoo noapic.The
"noapic" is necessary and without it my machine with livecd.

I guess the cause is the Logic Volumn(/dev/cciss/*****).

But how to fix it?

Thank you in advanced!
--