Steve Dibb wrote:
Andrey Gerasimenko wrote:
Looking at the Portage tree, I see that some packages are kept ~x86 for long time without any bugs referenced in the changelog or Bugzilla. How are they being made stable (or where in the docs is the process described)?
They need to be in the tree for at least 30 days, no bugs, and if someone files a stable request ebuild, then an arch tester will test it, and then a dev will keyword it stable.

Oh, and I forgot .... all the dependencies should be marked stable as well.

I would actually encourage users to find and file stable request ebuild bugs. Just make sure you post emerge --info along there in the bug.

Steve