Dale wrote:
> Peter Alfredsen wrote:
> Hmmmmm.  I never thought about it updating the kernel headers like
> that.  I don't reboot a lot so I don't upgrade kernels a lot either,
> unless I have to.  Maybe I need to update then re-emerge everything.
>
> Well, it failed again.  I guess I need to fix this kernel thing.  It
> hasn't been long since I had to reboot, changed a hard drive remember,
> so I'm not loosing much of anything uptime wise.  I just have to stop
> folding for a bit.  hmmmmm, may just mask the headers to match my
> kernel.  That should work.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dale
>
> :-)  :-)  :-)
>
> --
> www.myspace.com/dalek1967

Well, I may need a little help on my thinking.  I went ahead and
upgraded to a new kernel.  Here is the exact version:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] / # uname -r
> 2.6.18-gentoo-r6
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] / #

I rebooted, re-emerged nvidia-drivers too, and it still fails.  I'm
missing something here.  I'm in the new kernel too.  I edited the grub
line at boot up to make sure.

I'm going to try the newer version of util-linux and see if that helps.

Oh well, I got me a new kernel.  :D

Any ideas in case this don't work?

Thanks.

Dale