On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 22:21 -0500, Sean wrote:
> I picked up one of these cards today. Normally I prefer nvidia based but
> I let price make my choice right now.
>
> Anyway, have had nothing but problems trying to get this thing working.
> Found many bugs listed against the ati-drivers, and not having much more
> success using the open source drivers also listed in the Gentoo ATI faq.
>
> Before I go much further, or post for any help here, have any others
> here managed to get this card working on Gentoo, or should i just go try
> and get an Nvidia based card instead?
>
>                               Thanks
>                               Sean\

Works fine for me - radeon 9550/RV350.

ati-drivers-8.32.5 with USE="opengl"

Using it on a mythtv box with gentoo-sources patched with suspend2.

Some versions of ati-drivers are very flakey, but the above version is
rock solid with good playback in myth and no problems with hibernate to
disk or other dramas.

BillK

--
William Kenworthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>