On 1/10/07, Dirk Heinrichs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 10. Januar 2007 09:42 schrieb ext Kent Fredric:

> > Bye...
> >
> >         Dirk
> > --
> > Dirk Heinrichs          | Tel:  +49 (0)162 234 3408
> > Configuration Manager   | Fax:  +49 (0)211 47068 111
> > Capgemini Deutschland   | Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Hambornerstraße 55      | Web:  http://www.capgemini.com
> > D-40472 Düsseldorf      | ICQ#: 110037733
> > GPG Public Key C2E467BB | Keyserver: www.keyserver.net
>
> Or use GMail for emaill, its great, it does 'diff' like working and
> masks the nasties of both posting styles.  I find gmail great for
> thread tracking, it auto groups converstations.
>
> That said, im in favour of bottom posting, logically it makes more
> sence. answers after questions, not before. :)

But to what part of my mail did you answer to? To the sig? *SCNR*. Placing
an answer below the whole original mail w/o thinking is as bad as top
posting.

I'll put it here to keep you happy, but IMO, if the body of the
message discusses a singular idea, then replying after the signature
should be somewhat imo acceptable. But admittedly, you do have quite a
sizable signature ;)  ( compensating for something? :P jk ) .

Admittedly, I think how you handle interleave/bottom posting should be
case dependent.
Im still debating with myself at what stage (if at all) you cull out
the old message when it gets deep in reply chains in order to
economize on message size for clients which don't automatically hide
that which is irrelevant  in context by automatic comparison to the
message is potentially damaging intellectual property :)

Bye...

        Dirk