On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 07:15:58 -0600, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:

> > Most decent mail clients have a far better option, highlight the part
> > of the message you wish to reply to before hitting Reply and only
> > that text will be quoted.
>
> I generally don't use this feature either, because I try to put my
> reply text as close as possible to what I'm replying to, resulting in
> an interleaved message.  In the case there's a single piece of text I'm
> replying to, it is nice to have.

So you highlight the block of mail containing the parts you wish to reply
to.

> Sans this highlight relevant part(s) feature, the proper behavior for
> an email client to to start at the top with the entire body of the
> email being replied to quoted

Then type your replies in the appropriate places, removing any parts you
don't need. it's still easier than starting with the whole mail and
removing huge swathes, especially if the previous mail used excessive
quoting.

--
Neil Bothwick

We secretly replaced the dilithium with Folgers Crystals