Using an AsRock 939SLI32-eSATA2 motherboard and a Western Digital sata
drive, I have been having alot of trouble.  I found AHCI driver to work, at
least detect the drive/partitions.  I have had no end of problems.

I had moved this drive from another machine w/ a Tyan motherboard, where it
worked flawlessly.  Most recently, it is impossible to write to the drive
(at least alot of times): it causes what seems like a lockup.  I cannot find
anything about this.  I compiled AHCI support into gentoo-sources-2.6.19-r2.

I want to ask if some kind soul can point me in a useful direction?

Alan

--
Alan Davis, Kagman High School, Saipan  [EMAIL PROTECTED]     1-670-256-2043

I consider that the golden rule requires that if I like a program I must
share it with other people who like it.              --------Richard
Stallman

Every great advance in natural knowledge has involved the absolute rejection
of authority.  ----- Thomas H. Huxley