Benno Schulenberg wrote:
Gabriel Rossetti wrote:
have the same problem
as with Gnome, still can[not] switch to a VT...

If I open a term and try the usual Ctrl + Alt + F1 to F7 key
combination I get :

PQRS;7~;7~;7~

First: stop top-posting.

  A: Because it messes up the order in which people read text.
  Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
  A: Top-posting.
  Q: What is the most annoying thing on mailing lists?

Second: re-emerge xf86-input-keyboard, xkeyboard-config, and xkbcomp. Then restart X.

If then it still doesn't work, show the output of 'setxkbmap -print' and 'emerge --info'.

Benno

Thank you for your replay Benno, I was not aware that "Top-posting"
was a bad thing, since you can read the last msg first, which is to me
better since I don't want to have to re-read/skip the whole history to read
the last post. But since you raised the subject, I will try to remember that.
I do assume that you prefer "Bottom-Posting",  from your reply's
position. Is "Inline-posting" acceptable too?

I am trying out your suggestion, to re-emerge those three packages,
and I'll keep keep you up to date with how that goes.

Thanks again,
Gabriel