Gabriel Rossetti wrote:
> Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> > First: stop top-posting.
>
> I was not aware that
> "Top-posting" was a bad thing, since you can read the last msg
> first,

Sure, but then you have to spaghetti first down, then up, then maybe
down again to read closer, up again...  Do you want to make people
crazy?  :)

> which is to me better since I don't want to have to
> re-read/skip the whole history to read the last post.

There's no need to skip the whole history when the person whose post
you're reading has snipped well: only the relevant stuff is there.

> I do assume that you prefer "Bottom-Posting",  from your reply's
> position. Is "Inline-posting" acceptable too?

Inline-posting is what's needed.  Just quoting the whole previous
post and then adding your answer at the bottom is no good either:
first snip everything that you're not reacting to.

Glad that the re-emerging worked, though.

Benno

--
Cetere mi opinias ke ne ĉio tradukenda estas.