On 1/15/07, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sunday 14 January 2007 19:08, Iván Pérez Domínguez
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote about 'Re: [gentoo-user] Telling
emerge to continue when something goes wrong':
> Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> > I've also attached a longer system update script that I use, for
> > reference.
>
> I've been taking a look at the script. I wonder why using emerge --sync
> at the beginning and update-eix at the end instead of an eix-sync.

I want the information returned by eix after the script completes to take
into account the package updates that may occur during the portage or
world updates.  I also want those updates to take into account the most
recent portage tree.  So, I need a sync operation before the updates and a
eix-update after them.  Thus, I can't combine the two operations into a
single eix-sync.

--
"If there's one thing we've established over the years,
it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest

Hi,
have a look at this
http://www.gentoolinux.org/news/en/gwn/20061204-newsletter.xml section
3, maybe its what you want or you could modify it to suit  your needs.