Martins <mar <at> ml.lv> writes:

> > yes /usr/games/bin/bzflag

> # ./fglrxinfo
> display: :0.0  screen: 0
> OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
> OpenGL renderer string: RADEON 9600 Generic
> OpenGL version string: 2.0.6234 (8.32.5)

Hello Martins,

I got glxgears running fine now (just under 2000 fps on aa full screen
(grin)

And bzflag stated up and ran with the mouse! (hurray).

but, I wanted to get the Logitech Extreme 3D  on this
amd64 system with bzflag, like in does on the intel laptop
(radeon 7500).....

So I found some joystick option for xorg-server, but could
not set the joystick parameter for compiling via the
file: /etc/portage/package.use. I has to set it in the
/etc/make.conf as:

INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse joystick"

then I issued these commands:
emerge xorg-x11

emerge xorg-server
emerge ati-drivers
modprobe fglrx
eselect opengl set ati
modules-update

and bzflag starts up, but  it did not fix make the joystick work.
The kernel is configured just like the intel laptop as far as usb
and input devices are concerned. Futthermore, not niether the 'i'
button or a right click of the mouse will allow the bzflag play
to commence.

Any ideas?

James