On Monday 22 January 2007 03:04, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
> This suggests that dbus isn't in world or a dep on anything in world. Hence
> it should show up on `emerge --depclean -p`.
Actually k3b is in my world file and dbus doesn't show up
on 'emerge --depclean -p'.

> The actual dependency looks like this:
>
> # grep -A 2 "hal?" $(portageq portdir)/app-cdr/k3b/k3b-0.12.17.ebuild
>         hal? ( || ( dev-libs/dbus-qt3-old
>                                 ( <sys-apps/dbus-0.90 >=sys-apps/dbus-0.30
> ) ) sys-apps/hal )
>
> So k3b doesn't depend on dbus if the hal USE flag is disabled or if
> dbus-qt3-old is installed.
That would explain it, but I checked and dbus-qt3-old isn't installed and
an 'equery u k3b' shows k3b actually  has the hal USE flag enabled.

--
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who
think.(Horace Walpole)