Hi,

On Monday 22 January 2007 10:15, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
> Hmm.. Actually this is the exact reason `emerge -avuDN world` don't try to
> upgrade dbus. When you type `emerge -pv dbus` emerge does not check whether
> any packages in world or in your system requires a lower version or blocks
> dbus. It only checks whether there is an upgrade for dbus and upgrades it
> if there is.
>
> If you do that on your next `emerge -avuDN world` you will probably see
> portage pull in dev-libs/dbus-qt3-old because ( <sys-apps/dbus-0.90
>
> >=sys-apps/dbus-0.30 ) is no longer satisfied and dev-libs/dbus-qt3-old is
>
> listed first and hence preferred.
>
> :)

You're right Bo, that's exactly what happend after upgrading.  I had looked in
that k3b ebuild but not knowing the syntax I didn't realise it needs either
dev-libs/dbus-qt3-old or <sys-apps/dbus-0.90.

Thanks a lot! :)

--
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who
think.(Horace Walpole)