On Monday 22 January 2007 14:59, Jan Stępień <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
about 'Re: [gentoo-user] Xgl and direct rendering or 'Would you like Xorg
or Xgl, sir?'':
> I've enabled an option in my kernel called
> CONFIG_DRM_RADEON and compiled it as a loadable module. Then I've added
> it to list in /etc/modules.autoload/2.6 (or at least something which
> sounds similar to that one)

IIRC, this is the kernel module required for DRI with the in-tree, libre
drivers for ATI hardware.  The matching x11-driver is "ati" or "radeon".

> commenting out the fglrx module to assure
> myself that "radeon" is going to be loaded at each boot up and "fglrx"
> will not be loaded". /etc/X11/xorg.conf has been modified - "fglrx" has
> been replaced with "radeon". That's all. Check xorg.conf I've posted in
> the other mail for details.

You other mail had this in the attachment:
> Section "Device"
>         Identifier  "aticonfig-Device[0]"
> #       Driver      "radeon"
>         Driver      "fglrx"
>         Option  "UseInternalAGPGART" "no"
>         Option "VideoOverlay"   "on"
>         Option "OpenGLOverlay"  "off"
> #       Option "DRI" "on"
> EndSection
which indicates that you are attempting to use the fglrx x11-driver, and
not the radeon x11-driver.

If you use the CONFIG_RADEON_DRM kernel module, you also need to use
the "ati" or "radeon" x11 driver.  If your use the fglrx out-of-tree,
esclavitud kernel module (at least I think there's a kernel module by this
name) you'll alsa need to use the "fglrx" x11 driver.

You seem to be running into a simple misconfiguration at this point.

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.             ,= ,-_-. =.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]              ((_/)o o(\_))