Hi.
I'm in bad situation. I have two physical disks. First (DiskA) have
200GB and second (DiskB) have 160GB capacity. On DiskB I have Linux
partitions and some data partitions. On DiskA I had had 40GB NTFS
(Windows) and 160GB NTFS partitions (data), but I already deleted
Windows partition. So, I copied data from 160GB partition on DiskA to
temporary space on DiskB, then I deleted remaining NTFS partition on
DiskA and created one 200GB ext3 partition (I think so. In cfdsik I
chose partition type '83 Linux') and then formatted it 'mke2fs
-j /dev/sdb1'. Then I copied (moved :( ) all the data back to DiskA and
everuthing was fine. It was yesterday. Today I started PC and at startup
init said "Some local filesystems failed to mount". OK, in /etc/fstab I
have "/dev/sdb1 /mnt/zaloha ext3 noatime 0 2" ... it seems to be good. I
also tried to change ext2, but with both 'mount -a' says:
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1,
       missing codepage or other error
       dmesg | tail  or so.
In /var/log/messages I found just "VFS: Can't find ext3 filesystem on
dev sdb1" :((. When I try just 'mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/zaloha',
at /mnt/zaloha I have mounted that old Windows partition that I already
deleted. Do you know any solution how can I get back my ext3 partition
to get back my data please? And what could be cause of this problem or
when I can find what is the cause? Thanks very very much.