Nelson, David (ED, PAR&D) wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Gabriel Rossetti [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 24 January 2007 22:24
To: gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox VERY slow on launch

yes, I have that, but I had that before in my previous installation. FF
seems slower
(at launch) at school where they have a proxy server. If my memory is
correct,
it seems to do that when I go from my home network to my school's network
and vice versa.

Have you tried re-emerging firefox? Or possibly do a revdep-rebuild to check
for missing libraries?

Alternatively see if the binary package gives you the same issues?

David

Yes, but re-emerging did not help. I did install the binary client, and it does not have this problem. revdep-rebuild only wants gcc rebuild, it always does for some reason...I'm re-emerging it as we speak.

Gabriel