It appears that openoffice 2.1.0 in gentoo (this is possibly a gentoo
only thing) doesnt use the official OO dictionaries anymore but myspell.
However, I cant find any info on how to install myspell into OO so it
actually works for en_AU.  There also doesnt seem to be anyway to revert
to the older dictionary system so I am currently stranded (there is no
"wizard" so the OO help docs arent applicable.

There are some bugzilla entries, but there is no info there on how to
actually revert to working distionaries except anything except:

bunyip ~ # eselect oodict set myspell-*
!!! Error: Dictionary myspell-* not found in /usr/share/myspell
Call stack:
    * do_set (oodict.eselect:339)
    * check_do (core.bash:26)
    * do_action (core.bash:95)
    * main (eselect:190)
Killed
bunyip ~ #

This shows that I have no dictionaries installed - but gentoo doesnt
provide any en_AU according to portage.  Its also complicated since
gentoo doesnt seem to have myspell, but something called hunspell as a
replacement?

so I need help :(

BillK