On Tuesday 30 January 2007 09:07:34 W.Kenworthy wrote:
> It appears that openoffice 2.1.0 in gentoo (this is possibly a gentoo
> only thing) doesnt use the official OO dictionaries anymore but myspell.
> However, I cant find any info on how to install myspell into OO so it
> actually works for en_AU.  There also doesnt seem to be anyway to revert
> to the older dictionary system so I am currently stranded (there is no
> "wizard" so the OO help docs arent applicable.
[SNIP]

# grep -A 1 myspell $(portageq
portdir)/app-office/openoffice/openoffice-2.1.0.ebuild
    elog " Spell checking is now provided through our own myspell-ebuilds, "
    elog " if you want to use it, please install the correct myspell package "
    elog " according to your language needs. "

# eix myspell-en
* app-dicts/myspell-en
    Available versions:  20060316
    Installed versions:  20060316(10:09:30 04/12/06)
    Homepage:            http://lingucomponent.openoffice.org/

That includes a en_AU dictionary. hunspell and openoffice is compatible with
app-dicts/myspell-*.

--
Bo Andresen