On Tuesday 30 January 2007 14:52:37 Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > > Ask that when you've had a power failure ten hours into an OOo
> > > emerge :-O
> >
> > So you actually used FEATURES=keepwork for that?
>
> Doesn't FEATURES=keepwork cause /var/tmp/portage/<pkg cat>/<pkg name> to
> not be deleted after a *successful* merge? I don't use that feature and
> the work files for all failed emerges are always left behind. Not that
> they are especially useful in any way...

Actually it can be reused with FEATURES=keepwork to decrease the time to
complete the emerge instead of starting all over again. I've mostly used it
when a big emerge failed due to a broken test case (with FEATURES=test).

> > Anyway if you know
> > how to do that you certainly know how to avoid that /tmp gets wiped
> > during reboot too (which it doesn't unless you make it so). And OOo
> > only takes 5½ hours to compile.. :p
>
> Hah, so my machine isn't so bad. 4 hours 57 minutes 34 seconds with
> everything enabled except linguas (english only) and dev stuff.

Well, this is a three year old laptop so I'm satisfied with that.. :)

--
Bo Andresen