On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 21:31:03 +0100, Gerhard Hoogterp wrote:

> So adding a line to the fstab file just screws up the system as  it
> seems. Removing it leaves me with changable names in the media folder
> (/media/disk, media/disk-1, depending on what's happening..

Adding a line in fstab overrides the naming that pmount would otherwise
use, but you have to add "users" to the options to allow it to be mounted
as a normal user. Generally, fstab and HAL-driven automounting don't play
well together.

You need to set up udev rules to have persistent naming for your devices,
then KDE will use this to name the mount point. See
http://www.reactivated.net/udevrules.php

--
Neil Bothwick

Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.