Hi all,
I keep having problems with Openoffice when I try to use the "open file"
or "save file as.." dialog:
- "open file": nothing happens (apart from soffice.bin grabbing about 75% of
my system's CPU ressources), but I can close the application window;
soffice.bin (and soffice) continue to occupy the system ressources and have
to be "killed" manually
- "save file as": the application completely freezes and cannot be closed
using the GUI: I can only kill the process via console

I am able to open files by clicking on them in the file navigator
(konqueror), though.

The peculiar thing is that everything works fine when I am running the
program as root (which of course is not what I would like to do).
My system is mainly from the stable branch, but the described behaviour is
the same no matter if I use Ooo-2.0.4 or OOo-2.1 (I just tested if that
would solve the problem).

Can anybody point me to the direction where I should look deeper into? I am
quite sure that this is not the problem of OpenOffice (and I have not found
anyone reporting a similar problem on their lists).

TIA,
Arend