Hans-Werner Hilse napsal(a):
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 05:27:08 -0600 "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr."
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> I don't have a line that looks anything like that in my make.conf
>
> No, the poster most definitely meant to write man.conf instead of
> make.conf.
>
> That would be correct.
>
> But his output looks like he already gets UTF-8 out of "man". He just
> borked his terminal settings or is running a non-Unicode terminal.
> Otherwise, there would just be one glyph for an unrecognized code
> sequence, plus probably the following char being eaten.
>
> So to the OP: Configure your terminal accordingly (for console: set
> consoletrans and -font correctly) or if you didn't yet, install a
> unicode-aware terminal program.
>
> -hwh

It is not true because I'm already using UNICODE in terminal. Just man pages
are still displayed worst. When I uncompressed one local man page and viewed
raw text (cat man.1 | less) in my terminal, I can see correct UNICODE
characters (among format sequences). Also in
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/utf-8.xml is defined approach how to update
man.conf to work with UNICODE (changing "NROFF /usr/bin/nroff -Tascii -c
-mandoc" to "NROFF /usr/bin/nroff -c -mandoc"). I already tried it.