Hi, all,

I'm one of those people who don't like editors doing things automatically
because I find the automatic feature often does something other than what
I intended.

I've noticed recently that when I edit configuration files in /etc, vim likes to insert a leading "# " in new lines following existing comment lines. That's
almost never what I want to do, and I almost always have to delete the # and
space before doing what I intended.

I don't even know what to call this behavior, so I don't even know where to
look in the vim documentation.

Anybody know how to turn this behavior off? I've got the latest stable versions
of vim, vim-core, and gentoo-syntax installed on my systems.

Thanks for your help.

John Blinka