On Sunday 25 February 2007, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Hi,
>    I've been cleaning up a machine trying to fix a problem with
> Evolution crashing. I'm down to the point where all the dependencies
> (emerge -DuN and revdep-rebuild) are clean but when I run emerge
> --depclean wants remove packages that would break dependencies.

Hi Mark,

OK, so I read this thread and you and Bo both seem to have gotten way
off track...

You have a bunch of packages that --depclean wants to remove. It looks
like they should not be removed. This screams two questions at me:

1. Did you emerge -avC gnome?
2. If you never had gnome installed but did have evo installed, then
removed evo, everything looks proper.

So, let --depclean do it's thing. Then emerge -uND world and run
revder-rebuild to fix anything that remains

alan

--
Optimists say the glass is half full,
Pessimists say the glass is half empty,