Hi all,
  I've got a machine that will no longer run Evolution. For whatever
reason all versions of Evolution in Portage crash. I cannot as of yet
get a backtrace to determine why. Even if I could a fast solution
would depend on other folks seeing what's wrong and telling me how to
fix it by recompiling some library or something. I cannot be sure if
or even when that might happen so my user needs to move on. He's been
without access to his email for about 10 days and is fed up waiting
for me to fix it.

  The question is how to move forward. Is there any other Linux email
client that can pick up where Evolution has failed him? I know nothing
about how Evolution stores mail, contact lists, etc. so I don't know
what he might be able to use. What is the KDE mail client? Can
Thunderbird look at Evolution files?

  I spent some time going through the online Portage database but
nothing seemed obvious so I hoped to hear about an app to try out
here.

  In parallel I can try something like emerge -e world. Maybe I'll
get lucky? ;-)

  Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Cheers,
Mark