quoth the Daniel Iliev:
> Next I decided to change "-j DROP" with "-j TARPIT" and I
> realized that gentoo-sources doesn't provide the netfilter
> target "TARPIT". -
> Best regards,
> Daniel

I realize there is a sense of satisfaction from using the TARPIT target that
is appealing, however you must consider:

1. These ssh bruteforce attacks are almost certainly coming from a zombie
botnet, and thus there is no human to realize their connection has
been 'stuck'. The zombie will happily freeze for 30 seconds then try again.

2. Due to the nature of the persistant connection using TARPIT, you are
opening up your machine to a DOS attack, if the Bad Guy can deduce you are
using it.

2 cents....

-d