I have two SATA drives, I have a partition on each combined as RAID-1 on
which I use LVM to create my important partitions (/usr, /var, /home
etc). I have another pair of partitions combined as RAID-0 on which I
have another LVM group containing less important partitions, where speed
and space matter more than security. Is there any advantage to using
RAID-0 with these partitions? It seemed a good idea when I set it up,
because I was using LVM on RAID for the rest, but as LVM stripes data
across the drives anyway, am I gaining anything from the RAID-0? Would I
be just as well off by adding the two partitions directly to the LVM
group?

--
Neil Bothwick

"I laugh in the face of danger, then I hide until it goes away"