[EMAIL PROTECTED] ha scritto:
On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 02:26:47PM +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
On 2007-04-04, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Why do --nocolor and --color=n not work (sys-apps/portage-2.1.2.3)?

Why does the damned thing default to thinking I want blaring bizarre
colors scattered all over my screen?
Yea, nothing is quite as readible as yellow or bright green on
a white background.  I hate color output.  I'm completely
baffled that anybody thinks it should be the default.

*slap on the forehead* Oh my god, now I understand it all. You are using a WHITE xterm background.

The Gentoo colours make complete sense on a BLACK background. I do agree that they are insane on a white or otherwise light background.

I was thinking you were quite mad :) ,however now I agree with your point (even if I don't agree with your ranting attitude: as repeated a TON of times, your options are 1)file bugs 2)become a gentoo dev 3)stop using Gentoo).

m.