On Sun, Apr 08, 2007 at 03:24:12PM +0200, Robert Cernansky wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 22:55:53 -0600 Brad Camroux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have any ideas about configuring WindowMaker to work on
> > Gentoo?  I know lots of people have done it, but nobody seems to
> > write a detailed account of how.
>
> [Do not use 'reply' when you are posting a new message, please.]

Sorry... I must have hit the wrong key :(

> No extra configuring is needed to run WindowMaker. Just to choose
> 'GNUStep WindowMaker' session in your display manager (kdm, gdm) and
> login.

How can I get the option 'GNUStep WindowMaker' to appear in my kdm login
session list?  All I have are: 'default', 'custom', 'fluxbox', and 'failsafe'.
But I can't seem to find anywhere to change this, and selecting 'custom'
or 'default' just crashes and returns to the kdm login screen.

> It seem that in your case wmaker is crashing or so. Try to remove
> GNUstep directory from your home. If it does not help, look into the
> file ~/.xsession-errors if there is some error.

I have removed ~/GNUstep, and still it doesn't work.  Here's a listing of
my ~/.xsession-errors after a login attempt.  It's very short.

====
Failed to read: session.styleOverlay
Setting default value
BScreen::BScreen: managing screen 0 using visual 0x21, depth 24
Failed to read: session.styleOverlay
Setting default value
Failed to read: session.styleOverlay
Setting default value
 Idesk starting in :0.0
[idesk] Background's file not found.
[idesk] Background's source not found.
No running windows found
Failed to read: session.screen0.titlebar.left
Setting default value
Failed to read: session.screen0.titlebar.right
Setting default value
====

Thanks,

Brad