[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:
> What is the average age of the gentoo user here?

I become 27 in May and use Linux since 2004. I would have started
earlier but the "linux is difficult to use" bias prevented me from
trying it earlier.

I began with Ubuntu which a friend of mine suggested to me. After a
short period i switched to Gentoo which now satisfies all my needs. This
includes more control over the system and a greater learning effect.

At work i use Suse and Red Hat for CFD purposes. I have never done any
kind of programming ecxept for school, but recently i started to write
perl scripts which i need at work. So lets see how this is going on.

It is good to see some experienced users here, which gives me a feeling
of being at the right place when asking questions.

Regards Daniel