Hi Boyd,
on Friday, 2007-04-27 at 02:09:18, you wrote:
> Adjust your LC_ALL, LC_COLLATE, and/or LANG environment variables.  (At
> least,
> Nautilus /should/ respect those.)  You might have to do something like:
> LC_ALL="POSIX" nautilus
> >from a xterm-like application.

Usually the collation order should be the same on the shell and in
nautilus, right? I think it's really some of what the Gnome folks think
was clever in that case---nautilus also completely ignores certain name
prefixes like "+" and "_" I put there to have the entries sorted on top.
Fortunately, Thunar does no such tricks.

> You can use
> env | grep ^L
> >from a new xterm-like seesion to see what nautilus "sees" by default.

Or "locale" :)

BTW, your signature did not validate on this post. Do you have
"no-escape-from-lines" enabled? Then the last line above would have been
the reason.

cheers!
  Matthias
--
I prefer encrypted and signed messages. KeyID: FAC37665
Fingerprint: 8C16 3F0A A6FC DF0D 19B0  8DEF 48D9 1700 FAC3 7665